This is a busy time of year for everyone, and for entrepreneurs it’s even more intense with so many things fighting for your attention.
Here are a few ideas to help keep your spirit bright and your priorities in focus:
- Go to a party and limit business talk. Give your brain a break and just have fun and laugh.
- Keep investing focused attention on your business. It’s easy to say, “The heck with it. It’s the holidays. I’ll just coast into the New Year and start over.” Decide on your most important activities, and continue to implement so you start 2017 strong, rather than having to start over.
- Appreciate the status quo. We rarely appreciate the days when we don’t have a cold, or when a loved one is alive, or when everything is just normal. With so many bad and sad things that can happen in the blink of an eye, be grateful – even for just a healthy, uneventful day.
- Take time to do something meaningful. You started a business so you could live life on your terms, so get out there and live it.
- Ask for help. You do not have to bake ALL the cookies, house ALL the guests, or take care of ALL of your business all by yourself. Lighten your load and reach out for support.
- Consider your health. Stress is aggravated by sugar, dehydration, lack of exercise and poor sleep. Take time to nurture yourself at the most basic level.
- Do something now that will have a significant impact on 2017. Join a gym, raise your prices, plan a tropical vacation. Make 2017 a year to look forward to.
With much love and gratitude,
P.S. A big thank you to Dara Lurie for giving me such a killer subject line!